Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Cool breeze under a bridge

"Cool breeze under a bridge" Oil on masonite, 10 x 8 inches
(Click on image for larger view)
Sold

Bright intervals were precious moments in time during the last two months. I felt that these could bring a different lighting to my urbanscapes. During the making of this painting, I was seeing turquoise everywhere (always been aware of colors around me, they just spontaneously come like weekly or daily themes, pretty exciting and intriguing though...).
One evening, I looked trough my studio window and saw a young hooded lady seated on the opposite roof starring at clouds - the beauty of that scene kept my attention, so I went outside and had a look on my own: half of the sky was colored with pink, red and a bit of orange but the mysterious part of it was the other half, it wasn't blue but turquoise! Never witnessed that kind of sunset before. This happened a day after the solar eclipse, while spectacular northern lights were visible in Canada and US. What an unusual summer we're having this year. Inspiring world...

Thank you everyone for your words and visits,
I wish you a beautiful week!
-Pierre