Saturday, 12 September 2009

Commission

"Harry, Annie and Meg" Oil on stretched canvas, 24 x 18 inches
(Click on image for larger view)
Sold

Doing commissions. I'm always thrilled and grateful with this part of my work. Being allowed to reflect and translate some kind of intimacy meaningful for someone from another part of the world, sharing some frozen moments of others life, are simply and truly precious gifts to me. Also, quiet a challenge when the 3 beautiful young souls live across the ocean! For this particular one, I only had a couple of pictures, my intuition and a short delay of almost two and a half weeks to complete the work and let it dries (safe enough to travel) during high heat of summer. But, I had a great time and the "project" ended up with a positive reception. Painting this spontaneous and joyful scene reconnected me with my own childhood. A perfect and accurate timing. Thanks to the models and G. C. (The client /art collector, photographer of the scene) for your generous complicity during the process.

Have a great week everyone!
-Pierre