Saturday, 26 September 2009

Trackscape with a clear sky

"Trackscape with a clear sky" Oil on masonite, 9 x 12 inches
(Click on image for larger view)
Sold

Fall. Inner warmth. I love this season, I always did. An intense alchemical moment during the year with all these fast changes occuring in nature. Only a couple of months before this one is over... wich will have been a hard struggle for so many people. Uncertainty, crisis of all kinds, media confusion and manipulation, meanwhile very helpful to create that huge wave of quiet collective will for letting go. Letting go of everything that is not true anymore for our own sake. It brings more than hope, I feel it like a waking up. I see everywhere people changing their life with a sparkling smile on their face while they must overcome stumbling blocks. I am one of them.

I'm overwhelmed by the specific and unusual sites encountered on the jogging road (you already know that) it's going difficult keeping centered without looking for the next painting subject.
For this one, the references were taken in the west section of Montreal's Old Port.

Next week, I will launch a new blog: Painted Snapshots featuring smaller photorealistic works and studies wich will be on auction at a very affordable price. After more than a year, I still want to offer accessible quality works. I don't pretend that photorealism is better than looser styles but as it technically requires more time to achieve, and the fact that I offer my works via the web for now, I struggled all year long with the pricing while I gradually digged further into complexity.
But I won't stop the train! A Painting Room will continue and on the side, I will present smaller pieces and studies on a more regular basis.
This is not the project early mentionned here. The "project" will involve figures on larger scales.
More details soon.

Thanks for your visit,
have a great week!
-Pierre