Friday, 19 February 2010

Wood, glass and plastic

"Wood, glass and plastic" Oil on masonite, 10 x 7-1/2 inches
(click on image for larger view)
Sold

Here's a new piece and probably the last (for the moment) of the "series" featuring small transparent objects. I called these "objects" because I always put the "highlights" on their sculptural qualities. Plenty of fun though, seeking out the unexpected. As refining details is really time consuming, in order to keep motivated during the whole process, I make sure of having different levels of readings and visual qualities in the final composition.

Next week, I shall restart posting on Painted Snapshots. I plan to try different things such as
smaller photorealistic oil studies and some graphite drawings - stay tuned!


Thanks for your visits and words, they're much appreciated.
Have a beautiful weekend!
-Pierre