Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Woodworks

"Woodworks" Oil on masonite, 8-1/2 x 6 inches
(click on image for larger view)

Sold

Seems that I got hooked by still life compositions lately. There is so many aspects to learn and I have so much fun playing with objets and their textures. I'm thrilled with the exploration , the transcendance emerging at some point during the process and ultimately translated in the finished piece. It's a different approach comparing to the urbanscapes that I also enjoy creating.
New industrial scenes should appear on this site during the next season. However, in both approaches I'm concerned about the "little thing" that could possibly infuse a feeling of presence. It's not calculated, I usually discover it only after completion.

Thanks for your comments and emails.
Have a beautiful week!
-Pierre