Saturday, 2 July 2011

Commission: Quintet for crystal and 3 levels of water

"Quintet for crystal and 3 levels of water" Oil on stretched canvas, 12 x 12 inches
(Click on image for larger view)
Sold

Some parts of one's creative process aren't easily translated in words. I rather listen with my eyes than simply look at things, or more precisely "vibrate" through the light spectrum. Beside the ever perfectible aspects of the style I'm developing which in fact will never reach its final state, I secretly aim to portray some harmonics with hidden singularities. Also, sometimes I insert some poetic clues in the title to add some chord to the whole.
In the end, the art piece won't ever be solved , only experienced. In this piece I thought of something fluid and simple composed with detailed elements trying to unveil some kinetic and musical qualities behind the apparent stillness of matter.This may appear conceptual when put in words but I simply follow an intuitive path.

Thanks for your visit!
-Pierre