Friday, 26 August 2011

Early Studies

"Self", "Elsewhere" and " Eating man no.2", Oil on streched canvas, 10 x 8, 20 x 16, 13-1/2 x 13-1/2 inches
(Click on image for larger view)
Private Collection

August is fading away with its rainy weather. Still working on a commission, the larger format of this season - 30 x 30 inches. A still life that should be completed by the end of September. I also plan to work on smaller pieces that will be set for auctions in the coming weeks, stay tuned.
These 3 studies were painted 4 years ago while I was interested by the idea of presence/absence in human figures. Hopefully I will find the time to paint some portraits and narrative figures in the coming months and continue the exploration.

I added a new painting on my second blog that is available for purchase,
have a look here: Painted Snapshots

Thanks for your visit,
have a great week!
-Pierre